Sunday 17 November 2013

why is everything muted in slowmotion?



An average day for me is spent in brain racking seminars (wait…is brain racking even a word?), unimaginable long case reports and journal clubs.when I first heard of the word journal club ,the picture that formed in my head was like so ,a slow motion happy and pink world where all residents are laughing in a muted voice and looking at each other and joking about how awesome the “journal club” is.the air is all rosy and someone throws peanuts at another person as a hilarious joke and were all having fun and are in bliss  and eating and still discussing articles from journals in this slow motion perception of mine.whereas sitting in a hot dingy room with a projector with all my fellow residents on one side and our professors on the other ,listening seriously to the person whose turn it is to talk about  the most boring article you can ever find in any journal,is the real thing!
when I found out what journal club really is ,it was like someone actually took my heart out and squeezed it to drain out all the happy slow mo memories and dreams,and I found my self picturing myself in another slow mo thought of mine where I was dearly crying and screaming with my hands on my ears’ don’t do this to my heart!!!’. of course you cudn't hear me screaming /crying….coz,these slow mo thoughts rarely have the original sound of whats going on in them…unless of course you want to go back to sweet memories when your sister and you used to record peoples voices to later go home and play it in slow mo and laugh like hyenas.

No comments:

Post a Comment